Hey you guys! It’s Lei and Tay! Sorry we didn’t post yesterday! We both had really long dance classes and couldn’t find the time! To make up for it, instead of just doing the announcements, we’re going to do a real post today too! In honor of DIY Week, we’ll be posting DIY room decor! This works for teens, college students and even tweens! Here we go!
- DIY flower lights! These are so cute to hang above your bed, curtains or anywhere at all!
- To make the leaves, fold a small cupcake paper in half 2 times, and with the folded point at the bottom cut a leaf shape.
- To make an 8-petal flower, fold a small cupcake paper in half 3 times, and with the folded point at the bottom cut around the top.
- To make an 16-petal flower, fold a large cupcake paper in half 4 times, and with the folded point at the bottom cut around the top.
- Cut a small X in the center of each paper.
- Layer cupcake papers onto each lightbulb to make flowers.
- Rhinestone “LOVE” sign! This is so cute to put on your night table, wall or desk! Just take cardboard letters (found at Michael’s) and paint it silver! Then cover it all over in silver rhinestones! You can do this with any color and any word!
- Twinkle light canopy! This is such a cute DIY for your bed and is surprisingly easy! This is a really long DIY, so if you want the full DIY, click here!
- Pom pom rug! This is so cute to put in your room! Use at as decoration, like a beanbag or put it under something! Click here for the tutorial!
- Shopping bag supply holders! These are so cute to hold your pens, mini journals and any other small item! Glue pretty blue Tiffany & Co bags on a cork board and store your stuff! Your room will look organized and pretty!
Thanks for reading! I hope you liked this post and tried one of the DIYs! Comment if you need any help or want to send me a picture of one of the DIYs that you made!
Lei & Tay