Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! Here’s some simple DIY Decorations!
DIY Glitter Pumpkins
- Start by taking a pumpkin and spray it with some spray adhesive.
- Then, take some glitter (orange, gold, or red would be best for Thanksgiving,) and apply it on to where the spray adhesive was.
- Finally, tilt the pumpkin over a bit to let the excess glitter come off.
There you have it! An easy DIY glitter pumpkin!
DIY Glitter Turkey Mason Jars
1. Start by taking contact paper and tracing a turkey (or whatever Thanksgiving themed thing you want). Then, cut out the turkey.
2. Peel off the turkey and place it inside of the mason jar.
3. Spray on the spray adhesive and quickly pour in the glitter (we would do and shake it around until the mason jar is completely covered. This may take A LOT of glitter.
4. Let dry for 2 hours.
5. Take a pencil and use it to peel off your turkey stencil.
6. If you want, you can place a tealight in the mason jar to act as a lantern.
Enjoy your turkey mason jar! Make as many as you want. They look great in lines!
DIY Thanksgiving Word Collage
- Go on Wordle, or http://www.wordle.net
- Click “Create” and type in tons of Thanksgiving themed words.(we did Thanksgiving, turkey, pinecones, Charlie Brown, cranberries, pie, thankful, family, friends, feast, dinner, November, pumpkins, cake, potatoes, decorations, love, leaves)
- Edit it however you like. We use the color scheme “Indian Earthy” and we chose “some variation”
- Print it out on al 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of printer paper.
- Try and find a frame for an 8 1/2 by 11 inch picture.
- Finally, put your picture inside the frame and enjoy your Thanksgiving Collage! These can be made for any holiday.
Enjoy your new wordle! Get ready for the compliments!
Cinnamon Stick Candles:
Here’s an easy one for you that looks absolutely beautiful! And a delicious smelling one!
- Take three non-scented candles and place them on a decorative long plate.
- Take a string and tie cinnamon sticks around it. It doesn’t matter if they’re uneven, it actually looks better!
- Light the candles and place pretty decorations such as acorns on the plate!
Enjoy your delicious smelling candle!
DIY Thanksgiving Flower Arrangement:
- Take a wide, short vase (available at Michael’s and garden stores) and place decorative leaves and stems.
- Put orange roses in.
- Put in red and yellow sunflowers.
- Put in smaller flowers.
- Put in green berries and green small flowers.
Enjoy your beautiful vase of flowers! These work great as a centerpiece!
There you go! Now you’ll be the most festive gal in the neighborhood! Have fun fending off compliments! Thanks for reading!